Christian Godfrey Muhelisen came to America from Germany to Philadelphia in
1747 on the ship Resurrection. He moved to the Valley of Virginia in 1753, purchased land on the north side of Maury River
at Lexington in 1764. His ife was Mary. Children were David, William, Henry and Christopher.
David Millirons was born around 1784; he married Elizabeth Moulds. They had son John born about
1799 married Mary Polly Hypes 22 October 1821 in Botetourt County, Virginia. She was the daughter of John Hypes and lizabeth
Wimond. John Millirons died 05 May 1855 in Pulaski.
On April 19, 1850 Addison Davis conveyed a tract of land to “…David Millirons and
John J. Millirons lying and being in the county of Pulaski state of Virginia on the waters of Walkers Little Creek and bounded
as follows to wit…corner of survey that the said Addison Davis got of his Father…”
From Minnie Davis Parsell’s series of articles, A
Hundred Years of Livin’, she writes of the Millirons family, “Several miles down the valley was the Millirons
Chapel. In that neighborhood lived an old couple, Mr. and Mrs. Millirons. She spent her time in a rocking chair. The Millirons
Chapel was a small log building set way back off the road. They would carry her (Mrs. Millirons) in her rocker into the church.
They owned their farm and had a nice dwelling house, the nicest on Little Creek at that time. The Millirons were educators.
Most of them were school teachers.”
John Millirons and Mary Hypes children:
born 13 January 1825 in Giles County married William Thomas Warner 01
March 1855 in Giles County.
William T. Warner enlisted in the 23rd Battalion Infantry Regiment, Company D on January 28, 1863 at the age of 32
years. He was paroled on June 12, 1865. He was described as having gray eyes with auburn hair.William was 6 feet tall.
William applied for a Confederate Pension on June 5, 1900 in Giles County. He was totally disabled
and incapacitated due to old age. He was 69 years old. He was given full disability pay of $30.00 annually.
Catherine applied for a Confederate Widow’s Pension in Giles County on March 5, 1905.
She was 70 years old and living with her son. She was entitled to $25.00 annually.
David born 20 January 1826 married Susan
Woodyard. She was born February 1836 in Guilford County, North Carolina. David died 05 December 1901 in Pulaski County of
David enlisted in the 23rd Infantry Company. D, at the age of 24.7 Susan Millirons applied for
a Confederate Widow’s Pension on May 24, 1902. She explained that her husband died of bladder and kidney problems on
December 5, 1901. Susan was entitled to $25.00 annually.
David and Susan’s children:
Mary J. born about 1857 married Hiram Martin 11 February 1875
in Pulaski County.
William Newton born 19 August 1861 married Mary Morgan 07 September
1887 in Pulaski. Mary was born 09 November 1865 and died 19 October 1952. William died 15 February 1941. They are buried in
the Millirons Methodist Cemetery, Little Walkers Creek, Pulaski.
On July 30, 1915, W. N. Millirons and wife Nancy M. conveyed land to the School Board of Pulaski
adjoining and being an addition to a public school lot already owned by the School Board. Parties are given the right to erect
and maintain a fence at their own expense. No acreage given.
On March 13, 1917, W. N. Millirons and Nannie released and conveyed land as a gift to the Trustees
of Millirons Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The Trustees being T. J. Leeson, Roy Millirons and George Allen. William also conveyed land to the Church on August 7, 1919.
William and Nancy’s children:
Lilburn R. born 27 September 1888 and died 02 August 1962. He
is buried in the Millirons Methodist Cemetery.
Arthur B. born 07 October 1890, married unknown wife and had
Oscar Leroy born about 1891 married Mabel B. Combs; daughter
of Joseph W. Combs and Matilda K. Robertson.
Frank Wade born 11 April 1893 married Launia Jackson. Frank
died on 20 May 1978 and is buried in the Oakwood Cemetery in Pulaski.
Robert Perry born 16 August 1895 married Mary Eula King, daughter
of William Davis King and Olivia Virginia Thompson. Robert and Eula are buried in the Millirons Methodist Church Cemetery.
James Tolinger born 13 March 1899 married Dorothy Spence. James
is buried in the Thornspring Church Cemetery, Pulaski.
Dewey B. born 12 January 1902 married Clora Kitts, daughter
of Robert Hutsel Kitts and Bertha J. Davis. Dewey died in Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan.
Fred born 15 April 1905 married Gladys Vaughn. He and Gladys
are buried in the Millirons Methodist Church Cemetery.
Charles H. born 15 September 1864 and died 21 July 1936. Buried
in the Thompson Cemetery, Cox’s Hollow, Pulaski.
Harriet Elizabeth born 25 April 1869 married Franklin Miller
Thompson. He was born 20 June 1867 and died 05 August 1936. Sarah died 07 October 1960. They are buried in the Thompson Cemetery.
John J. born about 1828 married Barbara Ann Connelly. Lived
in Giles County.
J. Millirons of Giles County applied for a Confederate Pension on July 20, 1900. He explained that he was disabled from rheumatism
contracted during the “war between the states”. He was not able to perform manual labor as he was 74 years of
age. The doctor, A. S. Coven of Narrows, Giles county listed a chronic articulated rheumatism with deformity of the right
and left knee joints, which taken with his age makes him unfit for labor. John J. served with the 23rd Battalion, Company
E. He was entitled to $15.00 annually.
John J. and Barbara’s children were:
James D. born 22 September 1855, died 04
September 1876 in Giles County of diphtheria at the age of 20 years 11 months 13 days.
3.2. Nancy S. born about 1860.
3.3. Eliza Jane born 07 June 1863, died 12 December 1876 of diphtheria at the age of 13 years
6 months 5 days.
3.4. John Harvey born about 1866 married Sumilda Etta Shrader 01 September 1894 in Bland County.
Mary A. born about 1868.
Edna born 24 June 1875, died 09 September
1876 in Giles of diphtheria at the age of 1 year 2 months 16 days.
Minerva born about 1833.
Sarah born about 1835.
Amelia Annetta born about 1837 married Guy P. Connelly 14 January
1857 in Pulaski.
Ann Elizabeth born about 1839 married James F. Conley 14 January
1958 in Pulaski.
Sally born about 1847.
William born May 1847 married Julia Rose Banes. *See Banes Family.
William enlisted in the Company. C, 54th Regiment on or about February 5, 1865 and was later a prisoner at Camp Douglas,
Camp Douglas, originally constructed at Thirty-first Street and Cottage Grove Avenue as
a Union Army training post, served as a Confederate prisoner-of-war camp. Between 1862 and 1865, the camp housed about twenty-six
thousand prisoners in temporary, wooden barracks. As a result of harsh conditions, some four thousand men died at the camp;
they were buried in unmarked paupers' graves in Chicago's City Cemetery, located at the southeast corner of what is now Lincoln
Park. In 1867, the remains were reburied at Oak Woods Cemetery, about five miles south of the camp.